Friday, May 11, 2007

ADED

All Day Every Day.

Adrian Peterson (aka AD) will prove to be a force and a major threat in the offense this year. I am looking forward to watching him torch defenses. I wonder if Childress will split him out as a slot guy in some sets? After watching his Pro Day at Oklahoma, he was impressive catching the ball. Peterson is an all-around athlete who can make plays.

The free agent signing period was disappointing. However, the draft by Spielman, Studwell, and Childress was fantastic. Tip your hat to this trio right now. I love Allison and Alexander in the late rounds. We got our guys and picked up an additional 3rd rounder next year. From the outside, this draft looks like a winner. However, we will not know the true rating of this draft for a couple of years. All in all, a great 2007 draft that addressed major needs. This draft should be held in high esteem after what happened the last couple of years.

I think Childress was super conservative in his play calling duties last year. However, he had an old immobile quarterback who has watched the game pass him by. BJ needs to hang up the cleats. The play calling will improve this year. Namely because we added some offensive weapons. However, I think Tavaris will struggle this year. The schedule is incredibly difficult. I believe the Vikings will take major strides forward this season. We will probably be competitive in many games, but I can see us losing 4-6 games by 7 points or less. I wouldn't expect more than 6-8 wins. We will probably be drafting in the top 15 again next year. As much as I don't want to admit, I am OK with that. We are only 2-3 years from being at the top of NFC.

God Bless. Make your day great!

No comments: